I know He Loves Me But How Do I Get Over His Looks

7 October 09, 2018 By Dang

I have known this man and we have been friends for years. I can be myself around him and he’s completely in love with all of me (mind included), I know this over time because I have done everything to push him away (right from when he lived abroad) till now that we are in the same state in Naija.

I know he is a good man and means well for me, I knew about his past relationship, we stopped talking for almost a year because he felt he needed space to fix them, I didn’t mind coz I wasn’t after him, then she left him and he came running back.

We’ve been through some tough times together, I refused to do the long distance relationship thing, now he’s here, living and working close by. We’re both doing great in our careers, he loves me, I feel something very strong for him (I’m afraid to give it a name), but I fight it day and night.  We all want beautiful babies and I don’t know if my genes will be strong enough to over come his. I’m also afraid of what my family and friends will say  (they’re many ?).

ALSO READ: I think that if I had married someone closer to me in age, my home would be happier

I only took my bestie out with him and she whispered “Hell no” to me. What do I do? Our interests are aligned, he adores me, we have the same values, we are almost magic together, but his looks. Another thing is that,  he has also been in jail (not in Nigeria though), he was held liable for a fraud his subordinate committed in his family company, (he claimed responsibility and went to jail instead of his aged father). Deep down, I am not okay with all this. I know looks is not everything, but I’m also scared of the impact the time he served may have on us. What if my friends and family find out? I have told no one. Should I forget people and be with him? How do I get over/see beyond his looks? I’m confused.

Written by anonymous for Diaryofanaijagirl.ng

7 comments on “I know He Loves Me But How Do I Get Over His Looks

1. Nosy Amy

I believe you are giving yourself any excuse to not be with him. If you truly feel this way about this man, then your friends opinion is just that an opinion. Your happiness comes first. Above what people think about the two of you together. A man or woman’s look to me is not enough for me to reject the person. Good looking people age. People gain weight and grow old. People have accidents and get scarred. We are all beautifully made however we are. Judge a person by how he treats you not how he looks. Plus you know why he went to prison. Sounds noble to me. Has it prevented him from getting a job and being a useful member of society no. Sister please go and enjoy yourself with this guy

2. Uto

Hmmm, looks are important sha o but at the end of the day there are waaaay more important things. Quality individuals are not that common so if it’s only his looks that are the problem I think you should really consider dating him. Hopefully your children will look like you

Sincerely you should ask me this, because this is the story of my life, marriage goes beyond looks, I was with a very irresponsible proud man for years I have beautiful kids Buh he isn’t even there for them, it’s better to have ugly upright kids that the beautiful damaged once, trust me as time goes on the looks won’t matter again

Why do people always go out of their way to disregard other people’s feelings? It is extremely important to be physically attracted to whoever you will be getting naked and breeding babies with. You are not superficial, because this is not just some work colleague or fellow hiker. Do not let anybody guilt trip you into thinking you’ll be ok, they are not the one to end up with a hideous looking person. If you do not like the way this guy looks, do not date him. Don’t dare it. You will be deeply dissatisfied and unhappy and trust me your children will look exactly like him. You will always hide in the public, you will not take pictures, you will not be proud of him, you will be overly self-conscious. Most of the downsides will drain the love that you think is there. If he ever gets on your nerves, you will be double angry because you feel like you have settled. It is going to be incredibly stressful for both of you. Plus there is a chance that he’s extra nice because of the shortcomings.

My dear go live your life with your man. He’s a person who is clearly crazy about you. Skin sags,people age. I’m sure your genes will cover up

This is the story of my life, was with someone that loved me with all of him, he still adores me though we are both married to different people. We got a long so well like so well but i didn’t marry him only because of his looks. Now am marred to someone else an awesome person by the way but being married has taught me that looks really don’t matter, true happiness is what really matters..