To The Guy Who Is Dating An Over-thinker

18 November 06, 2017 By Dang

To The Guy Who Is Dating An Over-thinker

I bet you are asking yourself repeatedly, “Why is my girl so worried all the time? Why does she ask me a million questions? Why and why is she so self-conscious about her self?” Well, the answer is, is because she’s an over-thinker.

Dating an over-thinker, you have to know a few things…

1. She will worry herself to death over crazy thoughts that come without warning. Why? No one knows why. It’s just who she is.

She can’t help who she is or how to control it. With being said, she has probably ALWAYS have been this way. Just love her for it. Love her for being herself around you, yes, love her when it sometimes gets annoying.

2. She will ask you if you still love her.

And please, please reassure her. She knows that you already love her but she loves to be reminded that you do. Don’t look at it as a bad thing because she isn’t second-guessing your love. She wants to hear it more than when you say goodbye, she wants to hear it randomly.

3. She will worry. Worry A LOT.

And it is not a bad thing. She loves you and cares for your sake so yes, she is going to worry about you non stop for the rest of your days.

4. You will think she over analyzes everything.

Which is true, she will. She will reread what you texted or rethink what you just said to her as well. She will read more into the messages or your words than she probably should. She might freak out on you or question what you just told her. Let her know that there is nothing wrong and that everything is fine.

5. Appreciate her and everything she does for you.

Because I know for a fact that she tries her absolute best to give you the world. You will not find another girl like her.

6. She’s not a controlling girlfriend.

She wants to make sure you got where you are going, safely. She will constantly think if something bad happened to you if you don’t let her know. It is a sign of caring not over controlling.

7. She will diagnosis herself.

If she is sick, she will over think it and think she is dying of something serious. Just let her know everything is okay and reassure her.

8. It will be hard for her to let things go.

It just will be.

9. Tell her that she is beautiful, constantly.

Sometimes, she will still wonder if she is. So what if she gains a few or lost a few pounds? Or cut her hair? Or simply just changed her wardrobe. Tell her she is beautiful no matter what she looks like or changes.

10. Don’t be short with her for no reason.

She will CONSTANTLY think that she has done something wrong. Please, never do that to her. I know you might have boring conversations but keep it alive.

I know dating an over-thinker will be hard at times but trust me on this, she will be the best of the best for you. She will move mountains for you. She will overthink. That is just who she is. And as I have said, love her for it.

Written by Gabbi Howard

18 comments on “To The Guy Who Is Dating An Over-thinker

I’m an overthinker, and I know first hand when you’re dating someone who doesn’t get you. When they end the relationship cos they feel you’re insecure, when things that are normal to you become irritating or annoying to them. I try to stop my self from worrying, but it’s become so much a part of me that I almost can’t do anything without worrying or overthink good it through.
    Someday, I know I’ll find love, I’ll find him, who will take me for who I am and not feel threatened cos of who I have come to be

2. Kim

Man o man this is very true and it is very me! Lol especially when it’s that time of the month. That’s when I over think the most smh

3. Yinka

This is so me…. I started to feel like i have a problem and am insecure but am not. This is who i am nd av learnt to accept me. Its how am wired and it feels so good to read something that completely describes you. Funny part is we not difficult to love. Just found out abt that Recently.

This just describes me, and it hurts when people think its cos you dont know your self worth thatz why you overthink or analyse things so much.
    A text is just a text get over it they say. Thanx for this post DANG i was feeling low,i hope my man gets to read this.

Absolutely me, I over think the good and bad situations, till there is a head way. Its crazy how even in my sleep am somtimes thinking. God help me.

I’m an over thinker. Lol, and I diagnosed myself with anxiety disorder and bipolar disorder also. It gets crazy sometimes. I’m quite young, I’ll be 20 soon, but I sincerely have found the most amazing man. He reassures me everytime and is always willing to listen. He also tells me when something’s wrong with him, so I don’t end up thinking its something else. Before him, there were two other guys, one who said I should see a therapist or forget about dating, and another one who said I was possessed. Abeg, whatever. There’s someone for everyone and I think I’ve found mine.

My mom is an overthinker . She worries over my siblings and I all the time . I make sure my voice is loud, audible and lively when she calls. Else she’ll start worrying and might not sleep no matter how much I assure her I am ok . One time i texted her “I Love You mum ” and she calls me worried if something is wrong with me ??… the bad part of this all is that I have to appear happy all the time to stop her from worrying even when I know deep down I’m hurting and I need to talk to her .

8. BabyDee

Finally! I’ve spent hours thinking about why I overthink everything and how to ‘cure’ myself, sometimes wondering what is wrong with me. Immediately I read this today I sent the link to my man and I hope it helps him understand me a little more. Also very refreshing to know I’m not alone!

9. BabyDee

I’ve spent hours thinking about why I overthink everything, sometimes wondering what is wrong with me. Immediately I read this today I sent the link to my man and I hope it helps him understand me a little more. Very refreshing to know I’m not alone!

10. iamifeoluwa7@gmail.com Bubbles

I also over think things. Some say I’m paranoid. But I don’t do all that has been listed here.. For instance I don’t ask if he still loves me. If he says it “too much” I start worrying again.

11. iamifeoluwa7@gmail.com

I am an overthinker and my Ex thought i was too emotional and dramatic for his liking so he ended the relationship with me… Sometimes little words that doesn’t mean nothing gets to me and i can start crying about it. Sometimes i feel will i ever find someone that will understand my kind of person, but with this post am calm and i know love will find me soon.

I am exactly like this but I don’t think it’s so great anymore especially since realising it’s what brought about the demise of some really good friendships.

I actually cried reading this cos I’m an overthinker! My husband knows but he doesnt entertain it.My siblings and my mum have however been soo supportive..They know me soo well and can already know if i will start stressing over something..They try to pacify me and make light of the matter..Give me statistics ..lol..just to reassure me that i will be fine and everything is ok..*sigh*
    The life of an overthinker! Our minds and brains never rest